Updated December 3rd:
This is on.
Trails will dry out all day Thursday with some rain expected Friday night and only showers during the day Saturday.
Route has been planned to avoid mud, trail damage, and your crying.
Saturday December 7, 2019
Rolling at 6:30AM
Cerro San Luis (Madonna) Trailhead.
Spooner's Cove at Montana de Oro State Park in Los Osos.
Generally the route I'm riding will be:
Madonna, A few loops on W. Cuesta Ridge, out Dairy and over to MdO to do Hazard and Oats.
60 miles and 10k ft.
Route list here.
Route map here.
Weather (it's going to rain):
- Be considerate to other trail users and the environment.
- Be safe. Ride with a buddy, especially if you're unfamiliar with the area.
- Be self supported. This isn't an organized ride with support. I'm just sharing a route I'll be riding this day, you're welcome to come along but you ride at your own risk.
- Be capable. You should have some confidence tackling the terrain and distance you're attempting to ride.
- Figure out your ride home from MdO ahead of time...this has been a problem in the past.
- Enjoy the trails.